Our staff is available to help coordinate your hospitalization or have your medical records reviewed by one of our surgeons. Our team can also answer financial questions, find accommodation in Zagreb and organize translation services – in all global languages.
Process of treating international patients
- First contact
- Data collection
- Second professional opinion
- Confirmation of diagnosis and treatment options
- Travel planning
- Obtaining a visa
- Reservations and confirmations
- Arrival at the hospital
- Anesthesiologist’s examination
- Surgical consult
- Observation (several hours)
- Discharge from the hospital
- Departure from Croatia
At Aksis Special Hospital, our goal is to support you in getting the most effective resources for your medical needs as efficiently as possible, either through scheduling a consultation or requesting a review of medical records by one of our surgeons.
There has been an increased influx of foreign patients with diseases of the spine and joints from all over the world to Croatia. Patients from Spain, Italy, Germany, the United Kingdom, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Portugal, Egypt, Romania, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Canada, the USA, and many other countries visited Croatia, had treatment and returned to their countries satisfied.
Why surgery in Croatia?
You must be wondering why people travel to Croatia for spine and joint surgery. What is so special about Croatia and is it a safe option? We will try to resolve your doubts about Croatia, Zagreb, and, of course, our hospital. In Croatia, we offer you world-class surgical techniques at a much lower price than anywhere else in the world.
- Full name: Republic of Croatia
- Population: 4,480,043 (2011)
- Capital: Zagreb, 685,000 (2009)
- Area: 56,594 km2
- Terrain: plains, low mountains, and islands
- Climate: Mediterranean and continental
- Language: Croatian
- Currency: euro (EUR)
Advantages of opting for surgery in Croatia
- Save money – you can save significantly compared to the costs in your country
- Save time – you can skip the waiting lists of your national healthcare system
- Top quality – our surgeons are leaders in their fields
- Post-operative care – an efficient and flawless post-operative care program
- Outpatient surgeries – you can turn your trip into a vacation
Facts about Croatia
- Croatia is the 28th member of the European Union as of July 1, 2013
- Croatia has a very low crime rate
- Zagreb, the capital of Croatia, is a modern European city with a highly developed infrastructure
- Most people in Croatia are familiar with the English language
Facts about our hospital and the local healthcare system
- Croatia has many world-class healthcare institutions throughout the country
- Croatia is one of the leading countries in the world for transplant medicine
- Croatian hospitals have very low infection rates
- Aksis Special Hospital has a 0% infection rate
- Aksis Special Hospital is the leader in orthopedic, neurological, and spinal surgery in Croatia, globally recognized for its contribution to the development of advanced surgical techniques, especially in minimally invasive spine surgery.
- Patients from all over the world travel to Croatia to undergo spine and joint surgery
In addition to arranging medical treatments for our patients, we also coordinate the following:
- Online and offline consultations
- Call center – reservation and support
- Setting up the itinerary and consulting about costs
- Help with accommodation and flights
- Assistance in obtaining a Croatian visa
- Translation services
- Transportation from the airport and during the stay
- Interpreter and one-on-one escort service
- Assistance in organizing international insurance
- City sightseeing tours
Flights – link: Cheap flights with Skyscanner
Once we confirm your diagnosis and make an appointment for surgical treatment, we need to arrange your trip. Part of this organization is the process of obtaining visas for patients traveling to Croatia from certain countries. A visa is an authorization to travel through the territory of the Republic of Croatia or to enter the Republic of Croatia and stay for up to three months during each six-month period counted from the date of first entry.
Steps to obtain a Croatian visa:
- Filling out the visa application form
- Visa application at the Croatian diplomatic mission / consular office with a completed application form, a valid passport, and a color photo
- Letter of guarantee – our hospital will submit it directly to the Croatian diplomatic mission / consular office
- Collecting the visa at the Croatian diplomatic mission / consular office
Our hospital staff will support you during this process and coordinate everything between you and our diplomats.
During your visit to Croatia for treatment or a more detailed examination, we ensure maximum comfort for our patients. For this reason, we offer two options that primarily depend on availability – luxurious hotel accommodation or apartment accommodation.
HOTEL DELMINIVM (***)
We have built on a long-standing tradition of catering since 1993 as V.K. Croatia. In 2001, we moved and changed our name to Restaurant Marinero. Finally, in 2011, the restaurant and tavern with the same name found its new location in the exclusive premises of Hotel Delminivm. Located in one of the best neighborhoods in the western part of Zagreb, Hotel Delminivm will simultaneously provide you with a true vacation experience and fulfill every requirement of your business obligations. In the atmosphere of Restaurant and Tavern Marinero, a pleasant space for socializing and relaxing, indulge in the pleasures of superbly prepared dishes of traditional national cuisine and provide your business partners with an unforgettable gastronomic experience. Hotel Delminivm is the perfect choice for business and tourist travelers and will fulfill the wishes of the most demanding guest. Proximity to the highway is Delminivm’s window to the world, while the proximity to the city center is its window to the heart of the city’s events. The local public transport bus stop is less than five minutes away, and the main railway station is only a ten-minute walk away. This makes us a desirable facility for all visitors to our city who would like to have the city’s facilities at their fingertips.
HOTEL ANTUNOVIĆ (****)
The 4-star Hotel Antunović was opened on September 1, 2006 and is the youngest in the line of this hotel group. Antunović TA d.o.o. consists of 4 hotels in 4 Antunović centers at 4 locations: Brčko and Orašje in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Sesvetski Kraljevac and Zagreb in Croatia. Each center includes gas stations as well as an additional gas station in Bosanski Šamac. The owner and Chairman of the Board of Antunović TA d.o.o. is Mr. Tomislav Antunović, whose entrepreneurial marathon has been going on for 4 decades. It all began back in 1968 with a small company for construction activities, the opening of the first private gas station in 1988 in Brčko, all the way to the establishment of the company Antunović TA d.o.o. in 1992 in Zagreb. Judging by the restless entrepreneurial spirit and strong family support, many more positive business results can be expected.