PERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Conservative treatment of diseases and injuries of the locomotor system, orthopedic sports medicine – overexertion syndromes.
- Immobilization and orthosis, sprains, dislocations.
- Joint punctures and injections; viscosupplements, PRP (platelet-rich plasma).
- Osteosynthesis of bone fractures.
ARTHROSCOPIC AND OPEN JOINT OPERATIONS
osteonecrosis of the lateral part of the clavicle, dislocation of the acromioclavicular joint.
subacromial decompression in case of impingements, calcifying tendinitis, shoulder stabilization, reconstruction of rotator cuff tendon rupture (partial and total), stabilization of SLAP lesions.
distal biceps tendon rupture, tennis and golfer’s elbow – epicondylitis.
ligament reconstruction and interposition arthroplasty with flexor carpi radialis tendon in rhizarthrosis (root athrosis of the thumb), carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger), De Quervain syndrome, Dupuytren contracture, glomus tumor of the nail, ganglion cysts.
joint preservation techniques; femoroacetabular impingement – removal of CAM and Pincer lesions, suture and reconstruction of the labrum, decompression of the femoral head and neck in avascular necrosis, arthroscopic fenestration of the lat fascia in chronic trochanteritis, total and partial endoprostheses (cemented and cementless).
meniscectomy and cartilage structure, removal of loose cartilaginous bodies, synoviotomy, ligament reconstruction – anterior and posterior cruciate, patello-femoral, patellar, quadriceps tendon, patellar instability (Yamamoto, Fulkerson), treatment of osteochondritis dissecans – avascular necrosis, cartilage stabilization with resorptive pins, corrective femur and tibia osteotomies, total and partial knee endoprostheses (patellofemoral and femorotibial), jumper’s knee, Osgood-Schlatter disease.
Ankle and foot:
arthroscopic lavage, loose joint bodies, osteochondritis dissecans – avascular necrosis, ligament reconstructions, arthrodesis (stiffening) of the joint in advanced arthrosis, Achilles tendon rupture, Haglund’s heel, tendinopathies, Morton’s neuroma, heel spur – plantar fascitis, flat feet in children and adults.
Hallux valgus, dig. V varus, broad feet, hallux rigidus, hammer toes, crooked toes, supernumerary navicular bone, ingrown toenail.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- 2017 Arthrex- Knee-Shoulder-Foot-Ankle-Hip- Workshop- ArthroLab, Munich, Germany.
- 2016 professional title Primarius.
- 2016 ACP on tour – Arthrex, Zagreb.
- 2016 Total Knee Arthroplasty – Primary and Revision, Instructional Course, Zimmer Institute Medical Education Course, Stolzalpe, Austria.
- 2016 Arthrex- Knee-Shoulder-Foot-Ankle-Hip- Workshop- ArthroLab, Munich, Germany
- 2013 passed EBOT exam before the European Board of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, title FEBOT (as the first and currently the only one in Croatia).
- 2013 Masterclass in primary and revision hip prostheses – Zimmer Institute medical education course, Ljubljana.
- 2011 postgraduate doctoral study Translational research in biomedicine, University of Split School of Medicine.
- 2011-2018 Special Hospital St. Catherine, head of polyclinic-consular activity, Zabok, Zagreb.
- 2010/2011 three-month training in minimally invasive procedures for the treatment of chronic pain, Carolinas Pain Institute, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center Hospital, Forsyth Memorial Hospital, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America.
Radiofrequency ablation of the intervertebral disc, sacroiliac joint, denervation of the thoracic and lumbar facet joints, Winston Salem.
- 2009 Ultrasound course of the musculoskeletal system, Zagreb.
- 2008 instructional course in shoulder surgery techniques (arthroscopy and prosthetics), Shoulder instructional course, Zagreb.
- Viscosupplementation for the treatment of osteoarthritis: Mechanism of action of Hyaluronan, Korneuburg, Austria.
- 2006 Orthokine and CaReS in therapeutic systems, Zagreb
- 2005-2010 Department of Orthopedics, Department of Surgery, Zabok General Hospital.
- 2002-2003 postgraduate professional study in Orthopedics.
- 2002 AO course “Principles of operative treatment of fractures”, Zagreb.
- 2001 First-category course Magnetic resonance of the musculoskeletal and central nervous systems.
- 2001-2005 Specialization in orthopedics at Orthopedic Clinic in Šalata – University Hospital Centre Zagreb “Rebro”, Department of Traumatology Draškovićeva, Vascular Surgery – Clinical Hospital Merkur, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – Clinical Hospital Dubrava, Institute for Rehabilitation and Orthopedic Devices, University Hospital Center Zagreb.
- 2000 post-graduate scientific study in Medical Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb.
- 1998-2001 secondary physician at the Department of Surgery, Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology of the General Hospital Zabok, assisting and operating (with a senior surgeon) on emergency and scheduled orthopedic, trauma, abdominal and urological surgeries, in addition to assisting in ENT and gynecological surgeries.
- 1997-1998 primary health care physician (family medicine) in the regional outpatient clinic of Donja Zdenčina, Klinča Sela, Emergency Department of Jastrebarsko Health Center and Županja Health Center.
- 1995-1997 postgraduate internship at Clinical Hospital Merkur, Zagreb.
- 1997 medical license examination
- 1989-1995 School of Medicine, University of Zagreb.
- 1984-1988 secondary education at Language Education Center, Zagreb.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS:
- Croatian Medical Chamber
- Croatian Medical Association
- Croatian Orthopaedic Society
- Croatian Orthopaedic and Traumatology Association
- European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology